Monday 6 May 2013

Good Grief, it's been over a year!

I'm a rubbish blogger, but I shall try to do better. I've been reading back what I've posted in previous years and it's a lovely way to keep memories alive. 

So since last I posted, the boys went to Pre-school for a term at Angels in Wraysbury. Joe's keyworker was Jane and David's was Tracey. They both loved them and the school and I was pretty sad we had to pull them out of Pre-school to go to Nursery. 

This decision was taken because the boys were both offered spaces at Pippins Nursery which is part of Pippins School in Colnbrook. Pippins School is a foundation school and can set their own entry criteria... the top one being that if a child is registered in the nursery then they are automatically offered a place at the school. They've been really happy at nursery and it was definitely the right thing to do. They love their teachers, Mrs Fowler, Mrs Day and Mrs Laflin and have made lots of friends. The school have even employed a speech therapist just for them every other Thursday morning. Joe adores Miss Johnston and will do anything for her. David just wants to be outside playing and thinks Miss Johnston is a pain. Although he does like her secret boxes and has started to work more with her. 

Last May we went on holiday to Menorca and had a wonderful time. We had a lovely villa with a pool and the boys didn't want to go anywhere else. I think the longest we lasted on a beach was 45 minutes! In about 3 weeks time we are off to a villa in Lanzarote for a week, so we'll see how we get on there!

The boys are now 4 years old and certainly know their own minds. It's quite hard work with the two of them at the moment and I'm thinking I am going to have to employ a reward chart fairly soon to aid with discipline. 

Oh David had his grommets fitted in March and his hearing has definitely improved. We just now have selective hearing instead. Funny how he always hears the word chocolate!

I will write more this year. I don't want to forget how my boys are as they grow up and learn new things. I can't believe they are off to big school in September. Where has the time gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment