Tuesday 2 November 2010

Golden - in more ways than one


I couldn't believe how beautiful the trees were on a walk I went on yesterday with the boys. This is a picture of the Queen's back garden at Windsor Castle from the opposite bank in Datchet. Beautiful isn't it?

Anyway, when I was uploading this photo, it struck me that this time 3 years ago was when we found out that we had lost our first IVF pregnancy. After the second IVF biochemical pregnancy, Neil and I went for a walk along the river. I remember sobbing that all I wanted to do was to take my own children to feed the ducks after years and years of taking other people's children to feed the ducks.

It just so happens that on Sunday afternoon I'd had my first conversation with David... a proper conversation with questions and answers and everything. I'd said to him "What shall we do tomorrow David?" he said "Duck ducks!" I said "do you want to feed the ducks?" and he said "yes" so this is how we got to be beside the River Thames to see this lovely golden spectacle.

We'd been to the playground first and had a long go on the swings and lots of goes on the slide. Then we'd fed the ducks and on the way back to the car we had to stop at the level crossing to wave at the "choo choo", so as you see, yesterday afternoon was golden in more ways than one!

No comments:

Post a Comment