Thursday 24 November 2011

Mathematical Genius?

Oh there have been some very clever goings on today!

David has spent most of the day holding the telephone handset pointing at the numbers and telling me which ones they are... The ones he definitely knows are: 2, 3, 6, 7 and 8!

Later on we were singing "Zoom, zoom, zoom" and they have both got counting backwards from 5.

Then David asked me what the sticker on the back of his laptop was... it was the triangular ELC symbol, so I told him it was a triangle... over the course of the next couple of hours he then brought me several different triangles each time telling me they were a triangle.

David definitely knows what yellow is and Joe definitely knows red and I think he knows blue too.

Finally the best bit of today was that finally, finally, they both sat down and listened to a story properly... and what was that story? yup, The Gruffalo... which we were given 2 new copies of at today's grand opening of the new Children's Centre in Colnbrook.

A very good day.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment